Atlanta Results Count Leadership Program
The Annie E. Casey Foundation has a special connection and long-term commitment to child and family well-being through its Atlanta Civic Site. The Foundation is particularly focused on a set of neighborhoods in the southwest corner of the city called Neighborhood Planning Unit V (NPU-V), which includes Adair Park, Mechanicsville, Peoplestown, Pittsburgh, Summerhill and Capitol Gateway.
The Atlanta Results Count Leadership Program is designed to improve third-grade reading proficiency in NPU-V by strengthening the capacity of local leaders to focus on results, build public will around children and strengthen organizations focused on this issue.
Over a series of seven seminars, the program will convene up to 16 leaders to broaden their vision and refine the leadership skills critical to advancing a third-grade reading result agenda for NPU-V.
To be eligible for the Atlanta Results Count Leadership Program, an applicant must:
- be in a role with sufficient authority to contribute to third-grade reading proficiency in NPU-V and beyond;
- demonstrate a keen understanding, passion and commitment for advancing results for children and families;
- be committed to prepare for, attend and actively participate in all program activities; and
- have the support of their organizational leadership (e.g., principal, executive director, board chair or agency lead) to participate in the program.
Deadline and Application Materials
The application deadline for prospective leaders is 5 p.m. EST, Friday, July 14, 2017.
- To learn more about the program, thoroughly review the program description, which includes key program dates.
- As part of the application process, applicants must gain the endorsement of their primary supervisor to participate in this program. Download the endorsement form to include witn your application.
- The application requires you to complete a page of questions before moving onto the next page. You can download the full set of questions, but only sumbissions that are completed online using our application platform will be reviewed.
The Foundation has published a blog on the program, which you can view at www.aecf.org.
To complete the application, register at the right and log into the service.